Saturday 14 January 2023

Promoting Myself to Employer: Target Market Photographer Positions.


 I looked at my target market when conducting research for this small project. These are employers hiring photographers because that is what I identified myself as in my video for marketing.



Soho House looking for a Studio Assistant - Soho Home in Nuneaton Studio. This was the first advertisement that attracted my eye. Their home page reads as follows: "Soho House is a space for the world’s creative people to come together, grow, have fun, and make an impact. We put our people at the heart of everything we do, and champion curiosity and connectivity to deliver the best experiences. By focusing on representation, recruitment, engagement, culture, accountability, and education, we’re committed to being a workplace where everyone can grow." 

Everyone would want to work for this company after such an introduction. They make several promises. To determine whether my qualifications would be a match for the position and whether I could be hired, I looked at the job they were offering. I went to look over their requirements/qualifications...

Requirements/Qualifications...
  • A keen interest or experience in Photography, Studio Production, or Retouching 
In my ten years of photographic experience, I have been creative and innovative. I developed my photography skills in several courses. I've been working a lot with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom lately.
  • Detail oriented, well-organized  and great at problem-solving
My patience and dutiful nature make me a good employee. My goal is to complete everything to the last button. Nothing is too difficult for me to solve. I always try to make everything go smoothly and accurately. I learn quickly, so that's probably one of my important qualities.
  • Able to comfortably lift and maneuver heavy items safely 
I have undergone intensive health and safety training. Each company adopts new guidelines. I consistently follow company safety procedures and precautions.
  • Experience working to tight deadlines desirable 
Time is money. There were times when I stayed after my shift ended or came in on my day off to finish what needed to be done.
  • Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with others 
I am a very communicative person. I'm trying to find myself in a new team quickly. I was a team leader and listened carefully to the opinions of others and valuable advice, which sometimes helped to achieve the goal faster.

Based on my achievements and experience, I could easily apply for this position. My ultimate dream job is to be a photographer and the above-mentioned studio also offers such a position, but I still feel uncertain and I know that I need other skills to apply and get the position of a photographer. I believe that as a photographer's assistant, I would have great opportunities to acquire new skills and I would be able to learn every aspect of being a photographer also from the back. Sometimes it is worth starting from the bottom and working up, it gives great satisfaction as well as knowledge.

In my opinion, this task was interesting. I was looking for a job in the photography department for the first time. Now I can see what such companies are looking for, what I still need to work on, and what I can already do and may find useful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Project - Reflection

 Taking photos with a mobile phone has become an integral part of our daily lives. With the convenience of always having a camera at our fin...