Tuesday 31 January 2023

Creative Writing Project :Generating Ideas

 I will spend the next two weeks developing my own chapbook. Chapbooks were small booklets, cheap to make and to buy. They provided simple reading matter and were commonplace across the country from the 17th to the 19th century. They were often charming little books but they were also flimsy, and although they might have been treasured by readers, they have mostly proved ephemeral having been thumbed, pocketed, and passed from hand to hand, and down the generations. Their readership would have been largely among the poor, and among children of the middle class.



My first idea was to write a story about a girl who lost her grandfather. After death, the grandfather appeared as a ghost in the girl's life.

The second story that came to my mind is A terrible tragedy in one of the great cities of the USA. A girl suffering from leukemia decides to kill everyone who stands in her way. She starts at a school where all the kids make fun of her.

There are a few other stories in my head, but I think I'll focus on the first one, write a story and come up with some poems.


1 comment:

  1. Good that you have added your ideas I am looking forward to seeing the development of these ideas and research

    ReplyDelete

Free Project - Reflection

 Taking photos with a mobile phone has become an integral part of our daily lives. With the convenience of always having a camera at our fin...