Sunday 5 February 2023

The Chapbook: Planning

 In today's class, we will concentrate on how to plan as a chapbook. On the bottom, I copy the question from the blackboard and I will answer them, so everyone can see what actually is my plan and how I will make it.  

 




● What is your final idea? Please explain in two sentences the theme and the form your writing will take.

My final idea I will write a story about Femke and some poems connecting to my story. The story will be about a girl born in the town of Holland. Her grandfather was a photographer, parents have a photography gallery. Grandfather dies and comes back as a ghost.   


● Considering the form, how do you intend to lay out your book pages?

I will divide my book into two stages, the first stage will be the story: text with pictures, which will be spread over 4 chapters, and in the second stage, I will add 6 poems which will also be interspersed with pictures.

● How many pages do you expect there will be?

The whole story book with poems and pictures will be 40 pages.

● Are you going to use images? Are these your own images (illustrations/photographs) or copyright free images that you will source?

I don't yet know if I'll find images in my gallery that will fit my book, so I'll probably download copyright-free images.

● What is the plan for your time and how much you will need to spend on this?

Remember writing is something that you will need time and concentration without disturbance - you must make sure that you plan time to do this.

The time allotted for this is 16h. If this is not enough, I can devote every free moment so that the book satisfies me and I can be satisfied with it. 

● What do you imagine the final book will look like?
 
I was thinking of three programs: Canva , Flipbook, or Blurb, I have only used Canva before so maybe this time I will choose another program. I think my book will be in a hardcover, rather simple standard. 


● Have you considered the cover page/contents page/back cover with blurb?

I don't know yet which software I will choose, but I have already selected what I would like to put on the cover as well as the table of contents.


● Drafting and redrafting will need to be done? Who would you get to proofread your work?

First, I write everything in word in this program is installed grammar improvement, so I think it will help me a lot. Then I will ask someone from the class or from my friends to read and check.

I would like the target market to be children, but as the book will have more text than pictures, I will target parents and grandparents so that they can communicate to the little ones what I want to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Project - Reflection

 Taking photos with a mobile phone has become an integral part of our daily lives. With the convenience of always having a camera at our fin...